Albemarle Joins as Founding Member of New U.S.-Based Zero Emission Transportation Association (ZETA)
ZETA will advocate for national policies to enable the full adoption of EVs throughout the light-, medium-, and heavy-duty sectors by 2030, which will support the creation of new jobs, secure American global EV manufacturing leadership, and significantly reduce carbon pollution.
The organization is calling for the following five key policy pillars:
- Outcome-driven consumer EV incentives. Point-of-sale consumer incentives drive adoption, provide cost reductions and achieve real results in pushing transportation electrification. These incentives should be widely available to all EV models until there is substantial uptake.
- Emissions performance standards enabling full electrification by 2030. Emission targets are a key piece of protecting public health and sending the correct market signals to support and accelerate the transition to zero emission transportation.
- Infrastructure investments. Strong federal charging infrastructure investments will drive the electric transportation transition and ensure that
the United Statesis leading the way in a clean recovery where everyone is better off.
- Early retirement incentives for legacy vehicles. Even if every vehicle purchased moving forward is electric, without further action, full turnover of the
U.S.vehicle inventory will take a generation. Incentivizing early retirements while encouraging EV adoption will speed the transition and meet the urgency of the moment.
- Federal leadership and cooperation with sub-national entities. Federal support should invest in research and development, provide an aligned vision for electrification, and ensure local leaders are empowered with the expertise and resources to support full vehicle electrification.
"For the first time in a generation, transportation is the leading emitter of
ZETA is comprised of a diverse, non-partisan group of 28 founding members including,
We regularly post information to www.albemarle.com, including notification of events, news, financial performance, investor presentations and webcasts, non-GAAP reconciliations,
View original content to download multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/albemarle-joins-as-founding-member-of-new-us-based-zero-emission-transportation-association-zeta-301176432.html
Media Contact: Hailey Quinn, +1 (980) 299-5640, Hailey.Quinn@albemarle.com; Investor Relations Contact: Meredith Bandy, +1 (980) 999-5168, Meredith.Bandy@albemarle.com